Ebsco Discovery Service includes the databases Academic Search Elite, Business Source Premier, CAB Abstracts Archive and GreenFILE and also searches the Science Direct and Emerald databases. This single search gives you access to thousands of full text journal articles in a broad range of business, academic, science and management subject areas.
To access the database
- Go to the homepage of the NICS eLibrary: http://library.nics.gov.uk
- Click on the Ebsco Discovery Service link on the left hand side
- Or go to Resources and eResources A-Z and select Ebsco
- Click on ‘Help’ on the top right hand of the screen to view tutorials and for advice and tips on searching
- At any point you can return to the Search page by clicking on New Search at the top left.
To carry out a search
- Enter your search term
- You can change the search field from the dropdown list to Author or Title or, if you prefer, change to Advanced Search
- You can also link terms using AND, OR or NOT Boolean operators
- Click Search
- A list of results will appear which you can narrow further using the Refine Results options in the left menu
- Your search will only return full text articles and you can print, email or download the pdf. If you are doing more than one search you can move the relevant items to the Folder and output all your articles together. If you wish to broaden your search to include Abstract only articles, deselect the Full text limiter Available in Library Collection options.
- You can create your own account by clicking on Sign In on the top right menu bar. This allows you to save searches, organise your research and create email alerts and/or RSS feeds.
If you have a journal title, click on the Publications tab at the top left of your screen and enter the title. If it is available you can then search within the publication or browse the issues available.
You can also search for articles on Ebsco Discovery Service via the library catalogue. To find out more about this follow the link to our Searching for Articles page.
Please contact a member of the NICS Library team if you require training or assistance using this database: email@example.com